Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Softball

Wednesday, March 31 – Today in practice we began by stretching out and warming up our arms for throwing. We then did our running drills and the coaches told us that we were all improving in our ability to stop on the bases and not overrun them and we were running much faster. We then broke into pairs and warmed up our arms by throwing the ball to each other. After this, we were broken into two groups, outfielders and infielders. Because I had not been practicing catching a lot I was put in the outfielder group because it was my back up position. We went out and first practiced with some simple ground balls. I found that these were very easy for me to handle and I did the drill without any issues. Then we practiced pop ups. This was much more difficult for me and at first I did not catch many. But as I got used to seeing the ball curve in a parabola I got better at predicting where the ball would land and I became much better at catching it. We did this for the rest of the practice.

Thursday, April 1 – Today we went to practice but we did not stay long because it began to rain very hard. We did a few running drills and we talked about fielding the ball at different positions in the field. Then we went back to the school and the coaches handed out uniforms to all of us. I got the same one as last year and I was very happy about it.

Friday, 2 – There was no school today so there was no practice either.

Monday, 5 – Today we had practice and we began as always by stretching out and doing our running drills around the bases. Then we split into groups of infielder and outfielders. I was able to play catcher this time and I was very excited. I did not do much except stand at the plate and catch any incoming balls and give them back to the coach to bat into the field again. However I was pleased to be in my familiar position and it was good practice for catching any kind of ball because every player throws a little differently. After this we finally did some batting practiced which the coaches had promised we would do. I was able to bat first and I did very well with smacking the balls into the field. Then I went into the outfield and assisted in getting the balls that the other players hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment