Thursday, April 1, 2010

Greek Club

Thursday, February 18 – Today I could not make it to Greek Club because I had a lot of work to do at home finalizing some of my IAs that were due this week. So I asked one my students to take over for me and gave them a list of basic review topics to cover.

Thursday, 25 – Today I was back to the Greek Club. I asked the student I had left in charge how they had done in the last meeting and they said that overall they had done pretty well and there were only a few things they would have liked to have done better. I was very pleased to hear this because this particular student was the one that I was hoping to have take control of the club next year after I leave. I asked the student if they would be interested in taking in this responsibility and they said they would be honored. I was ecstatic to hear this because I felt it was my duty to make sure the club lived on after me in capable hands and I felt I had achieved this goal. After this I told my students they would be translating another passage for Greek and I gave them the vocabulary list to study. I then decided that we might as well start the translation today and so we did. We used the vocabulary list as a guide for the translation since there was no time to study it beforehand.

Thursday, March 4 – Today is unfortunately my last day of Greek, possibly for the rest of the year, although I am not entirely sure about that. This is because I will be starting conditioning for Softball next week and after that I will have to go to practice every Thursday for Softball. I made the announcement to my Greek students and informed them that my successor student for rest year would be taking the club over along with some help from the older members of the club. I had been delighted to hear that he was ready for this challenge and excited to take the club over. For my last day I simply had the group continue translating the passage we had begun last week and I was pleased to find that the majority of my students had studied their vocabulary lists and were prepared for the translation. I was also pleased because we were able to finish translating the entire passage by the end of the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment